Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Play Date

Joshua with his favorite toy- "CKICKER"
So I tricked Joshua into a play date today.
Joshua and I went to Chick-Fil-A, one with a playland.
And we just happen to run into his friend Logan from school.
When he saw Logan he smiled, but then grabbed my arm with a death grip and turned away.
Major anxiety pulsing through his veins.
"Let's go say HI,"  I encouraged.
He walked over, still with the death grip.
Logan said "HI".
Joshua said "HI".
And then we gravitated to the play area.
Once his sandals were off, he dashed to the slide and the rest is history.
They played for almost 2 hours with Logan's brothers and sister, while Danielle and I chatted away.
There wasn't a lot of talking in the play area, but lots of playing and smiles.
It worked out great and we are definitely getting together again.
I usually don't like to keep things from Joshua because I know he likes to know what is going on.
The only other time I keep quiet is when we are going to the dentist, because no matter how far in advanced he knows, it doesn't make him any more calmer.
But my gut told me to go for it and just spring it on him.  
Besides I knew he would have fun if he just didn't think about it.
And now next time I can say, "Hey Josh, we are going to go play with Logan."
And I'm pretty sure I'll get an, "Okay, Mom."
See Joshua, play dates are really more fun than going to the dentist.


And YES!  This week has been better than last week. 
Summer school started.


Other news:  Joshua lost ANOTHER tooth.  Still waiting for 6 teeth to grow in now.
He swallowed it and was pretty freaked out because you don't swallow teeth.
I assured him it just went into is stomach.  No biggie.  People swallow teeth all the time.
"Mom, we should get an x-ray and see the tooth in my throat."  Giggle.  Giggle.

1 comment:

  1. Success!! I'm so glad that your surprise for him worked out!!

    ReplyDelete