Sunday, June 19, 2011

Pictures of the Week

by Summer
During Family Home Evening,  right in the middle of Kate's lesson, Joshua spied the moon out the front window.
"Let's take a picture of the moon!" he exclaims
And so we did.

We think Jacob is part lizard.
Everyday he has to go out and just sits in the rocks.
It's over 100 degrees, but still, it is like this need of his.
Maybe it is his pondering spot.
And I always wonder what is going on inside that magical mind that could possibly distract him
from this blazing heat.

Sometimes I have to tell my kids to do something 10 times before they say -"Oh yeah!"  and then do it.
And then there are times when I don't have to say anything at all.
This day the kids got their swimsuits on and started putting on their sunscreen without me saying a WORD.
They had a little assembly line going.
I loved watching Kate rubbing lotion on Joshua's face.
It was one of her "big" sister moments.
I love how these 2 watch out for each other.
It's like with Joshua sometimes she gets to be the little sister and sometimes she gets to be the big sister.
She fulfills both rolls very well.
And he didn't even scream at her.

"Shoes fom Savers, Bought by Mom, Adopted By Me"
Summer is becoming quite the photographer.
During her "bored" moments, she grabs the camera and shoots random, everyday objects.
She is getting very good at it.
Adding another talent to her long list.

by Summer

Somehow at this angle, I can see how Kate's definition of "organized" has its own sort of  beauty to it.


by Summer
And every once in a while,
besides sleeping in my bed,
I get to sit down
And enjoy a lazy summer moment.
Awe.


1 comment:

  1. I loved seeing the egg cup in one of the photos!!! Great week in photos!

    ReplyDelete