Thursday, June 30, 2011

Mom....I ALWAYS Love You.

The last few days Joshua has been better about the grunting/growling/screaming.
We've had some good moments and he is quicker to apologize.
Yesterday whenever he growled at me, I just growled back.
He thought it was hilarious.
I made the point that if I just growled at him and didn't use words, how would he know when his lunch was ready?
Last night though, I was tired.
He was having a rough night.
I told him to get in the shower.
He doddled.
I reminded him again.
I knew as soon as I said it, he would screech at me, and I would lose my patience.
I did, but in a nice way.
I grabbed his cheeks and said nicely to him,"please use your words."
He huffed and puffed in the shower for 10 minutes.
"Are you mad Joshua?"
"Yes!  You told me to get in the shower."
"Thanks for using your words."
"Don't say thanks."
No more huffing and puffing.
I didn't want to talk anymore.   
I turned the shower off without any words.
He was now in his happy after shower mode where he is thinking of silly things and talking and giggling to himself.
He went to his room and I stayed away from him.
Finally when I knew the lights were off and I felt safe to go in the boys room.
I fell into Joshua's bed and gave him tickles and kisses.  
As always he loved it.
J-"Mom let me give you kisses."
C-"I love you Joshua."  while he kisses my cheek and squeezes my neck.
J-"I love you."
I release our hug because I think he is finished and on my way up, he looks directly into my eyes.
"Mom....I ALWAYS love you."
Instant tears in my eyes.
"I always love you too Joshua."

Joshua is such a good boy and most of the time happy and content.  Most people probably don't even notice his behavior. I know I am extra/too sensitive to his "rudeness".  It probably wouldn't bother most moms, but I like people to be happy and I certainly like others to be nice to me.  And it is hard for me I guess when I am trying to be nice to someone and make someone happy and they are not being nice to me.  I'm sure all moms can relate to that feeling.  But once again God showed me His tender mercies and reminded me that no matter what Joshua's actions are, he is full of love.

1 comment: