Sunday, June 12, 2011

Kate- Big Sister for a Day

Kate and Julia
Kate was so excited that we were watching her cousins Dean and Julia on Friday.
Kate spent the whole time with Julia and Julia loved Kate.
Any toy Julia played with, Kate would say excitingly-
"Mom I taught Julia how to do that."  or  "I showed Julia how to do that."
They laughed and giggled the whole time and she even fed Julia her snack.
It was so cute.
Kate usually isn't into younger kids, but I think she loved playing the role of big sister for the morning.

Kate also had another swim meet.
This week was freestyle and backstroke.
I had no idea until practice this week how well Kate can do backstroke.
She is a natural.  Maybe it's a dancer thing.
She got first place by quite a bit in the 25 backstroke.
For every event the kids get a ribbon.
In Freestyle she got 5th place- green ribbon.
Backstroke 1st place- blue ribbon.
Kate asked-
"Can the green one be for the backstroke?  Because backstroke is my favorite and I like green better than blue."
When you are 6, color is definitely more important than place.
It's going to be a great season.  She is just having SO much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment