Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Jacob

Jacob's 4th Grade Arizona Fair
The bolo tie Jacob is wearing was my Papa's.  I don't ever remember him wearing it, but I'm sure someone very cool gave it to him since he had many friends all over the world.  Just thinking that his actual hands touched it, makes it a special treasure to our family.  Of course Summer picked it out as a keepsake and I'm sure one of these days she will actually wear it.

Today I am thinking of Jacob because he thanked me for making breakfast.
He always is thanking me for something.
And then this morning he gave me one of his random big big hugs.
I love when he does that .
I hope he never grows out of giving me hugs.

I was able to talk to Jacob's teacher Mrs. Buchanan today.
She told me that Jacob is such a great writer.  Throughout the year she would always share Jacob's and Yasmin's writings as examples for the class.
It's been fun reading his school journal and portfolio.
4th grade has been a great year for Jacob.  He has really been able to increase his talents.
I am always grateful for good teachers who help my children discover themselves and help them to be the best they can be.

1 comment: