Monday, January 10, 2011

Christmas

A lot happened over the last few weeks. So I'm blogging about each event.

Here's Christmas!
Gingerbread house tradition minus the sick Ferrells.  Lots of yummy sugar and laughs.

The Christmas Story performance at my cousin Nicole's.  She is the best hostess and carries on our Mita and Papa's tradition, including Christmas Eve bags, which the kids love.
When we got home from Nicole's house I still had all the presents to wrap.  The kids watched a Christmas DVD while I locked myself in my room.  Summer informed me that her new Christmas Eve tradition was to watch White Christmas before she went to bed.  She got her wish and I listened to the songs while I wrapped on the other side of the room.

Christmas Day!
Traditional Christmas morning photo by the tree
Santa and others were very generous to us this year.  Everyone was finally excited to get a Wii, especially the boys.  Kate was snapping photos with her new (our very old) camera.  Summer received her robin hood boots and finished up her gifts on the sewing machine (She's always thinking of others.).  This is the first year Joshua asked for a present.  For months I asked him what he wanted Santa to bring him.  He either ignored me or said "I don't know."  Two days before Christmas I decided to ask him just for kicks, "What do you want Santa to bring you?"  He shocked me by replying, "Jessie, Woody, and Buzz.".  This is the first time he has ever asked for anything for Christmas.  I hit every Target, Walmart,  and Toys R Us.  I finally found the bunch.  It really was a miracle because the toy isle are nearly empty 2 days before Christmas I learned.  He was happy the whole day pulling the strings on their backs (Yes they all talk) and showed everyone his new pals.
This is the picture he drew at school just days before Christmas.  He loves Toy Story!


We had fun spending lots of time with family, especially on Gpa Cardon's birthday on the 27th.

Rachael and Steve came to visit from Utah.  We love hanging out with these 2, especially playing charades.
Christmas was amazing this year and we really felt the Christmas spirit and as always feel truly blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment