Sunday, September 8, 2013

February 2013

Kate and her peach blossoms from the Peach Festival with her pal Abbey.
Okay,  so it has been since January since I have blogged and it has been weighing on my mind.  Plus the fact that my sister Becky who just had her 5th baby and a fractured elbow is caught up with her blog and I noticed my sister Emily is blogging away trying to catch up.  They are both my inspiration at least for today, plus the fact the Summer was checking out our family/friends blog today and she mentioned "Wow Mom- It's been a long time since you blogged."
I suppose I shouldn't give up on my family's own little history just because I'm a little behind.
I have to say though that this year has been a busy one- BUT I have been much better about living in the moment and enjoying it.  So although I have taken less pictures and blogged even less, I have become a much more joyful and happier person.
So let's go back to February 2013......
Andy and Kate at the Activity Day Sock Hop
I have been serving as an Activity Day Leader with Kate's age group and it has been Super Fun!




I just absolutely LOVE these girls!!!

I have to admit this girly is my favorite!
Kate is always ready to DANCE.
Jacob the Super Scouter with his 11 year old Scout Troop.
Jacob loves Scouts and we have been so grateful for his leaders who helped him earn his Tenderfoot, 2nd Class, and First Class.  Jacob enjoyed all Bro. Stitcher taught him and couldn't get enough of his stories. Jacob always loves a good story!

As a 6th grader, Jacob was able to play in a Festival with the Junior High and High School Orchestras in our area.  It really made him excited for Junior High.
"They were SO good!"-Jacob

It was also fun because Peyton (cousin/viola player) was also part of the Festival.  They are not only cousins, but great friends, and think it is super cool that that they both attend Highland Junior High together now and are part of the same orchestra program.  They both WOW me with their playing!


And now for Some Super Summer Exciting News......
BRACES ON!

BRACES OFF!
She was super excited to get her braces off earlier than we planned on and we love her
BEAUTIFUL SMILE!
(And yes she got that shirt from Goodwill and yes those glasses are fake- that's our Summer girl.)

Our Beautiful Summer Girl!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am LOVING that you're trying to catch up on blogging! And Summer, you are absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Seriously, WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're back to your blog......I've missed you! After seeing that last photo of Summer....well, I think we should rethink letting her date at 16! BEAUTIFUL (and way too grown up) GIRL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete