Monday, December 31, 2012

December and Christmas


Kate's Winter Performance at Higher Ground Dance Studio
I absolutely love the whole month of December.
I love Christmas more and more each year and have to admit that I started listening to Christmas music even before Thanksgiving.
Christmas is such a happy time and I feel like it is a time to let things go and focus on what is really important.
I totally dived into the Christmas season in my own simplistic way.
The more I simplify it the better it is.
This year was another amazing Christmas.
Our family was so blessed and many miracles happened along the way that made this Christmas one that I will especially remember.
I was actually sad to take down all of the Christmas decorations.
I didn't want the Christmas feeling to end.
But we did take everything down.
And as always nothing unmagical happened life was still life-
Good and joyful with all of it's ups and downs.
I look forward to all that will happen this next year before Christmas yet arrives again and we are all saying-
"Doesn't it seem like it was Christmas just yesterday?"

Gingerbread house making at the Ferrells.
Joshua's Science Light House Project
"Joshua's Grocery Store"
He was so excited about this project and so proud.
All the kids finished up their end of the semester projects and test and were excited for
Winter Break!

 Christmas Eve
This year I was bound and determine to do all of my wrapping and as much of my cooking/baking done before Christmas Eve so that I could truly enjoy the day.
I slept in.
Took a walk listening to my favorite Christmas tunes.
Ate a healthy lunch.
Watched White Christmas with the kidos.
Celebrated at Nicoles with food, scriptures, music, gifts, and family.
Burned our Christmas candle to the end.
And fell asleep watching Christmas Story with my family.
Then waking up and laughing at "Everybody Loves Raymond" while Andy and I waited for kids to slumber off and Santa to come.
It was a perfect day!

Kate really knows how to treat Santa and his reindeer!
Christmas Eve at Cousin Nicole's
Most of the Cardon Great Grands
Summer and darling Addison's first Christmas
Jacob and Kate the loveable Shepards
Hailey, Kate, and Peyton singing the carols with Gpa Cardon
Christmas Day
Some of us were up earlier than others,
but at 7:30am Andy and I got the wake up call to come gather around the tree.
Summer and Taylor were just a little surprised and excited about their Ipods.
"Can I get this app?"  was Taylor's favorite saying during Winter Break.
Summer was shooting away with the camera feature and downloading her favorite tunes.
Yes our family LOVES Harry Potter!
Jacob (Harry), Kate (Hermione), and Joshua (Ron)  were thrilled to cast their own magical spells.
"Our Secret Santa Nativity"

We were very richly blessed with gifts of love from family and friends.
One of our favorite gifts was our Secret Santa Nativity.
About a week before Christmas someone dropped off a brown bag with a scripture on it and a shephard inside.
Each night after that a different pieces of the nativity with a scripture was delivered to our door.
The kids were excited and anticipated when we would hear a knock on the door.
It was such a thoughtful and loving gift.
Thank you to all who shared their love, kindness, and gifts with us this Christmas Season.

No comments:

Post a Comment