Monday, March 21, 2011

February-Cancun

Andy and I were able to go to beautiful Cancun for 8 whole days with his parents, and most of his siblings.  My wonderful mom took care of our kidos with the help of my sisters and of course Summer.
We stayed at a beautiful resort on the beach for 4 days taking in this beautiful view.  I must say that out of all the activities we did, my favorite was just sitting on the beach in the beautiful white sand looking out at the water,snoozing or reading my book.  The water was so warm and so beautiful.  The resort was just beautiful and so peaceful. We were surrounded by waterfalls, wildlife, and tropical plants.  The food was delicious and I couldn't get enough of the guacamole, mangos, and coconut ice cream.   It was so relaxing and wonderful.
My favorite part of the trip was hanging out with the Maxfields.  It was fun to spend so much time just talking.  This is a rare photo of Con actually sitting and relaxing.  We are so grateful to Con and Kathe for providing us with this wonderful experience.
Tulum
The reason why Con chose this vacation spot was because he wanted to show us all the amazing ruins he has explored over the years.  And of course it wouldn't be a Maxfield family vacation with some kind of road trip in an SUV.  We saw ruins in Tulum, Chichenen Itza, Edzna, and Uxmal.  It was incredible to imagine the Nephites/Lamanites living in these areas.  Con was a great tour guide and has so much knowledge and insight.  I loved Tulum because it was right off the water and Edzna and Uxmal because you could climb on the ruins, which made them all the more real.

We felt so blessed to be able to have this experience and it will be a trip we will always remember.
We were so impressed by it all, that we would love to take our own children their someday.  I know they would love it!  Paradise is calling to me already.

3 comments:

  1. WHAT A DREAM VACATION!!!!! I would love to see more photos....absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing opportunity. The photos are beautiful!
    Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's calling to me too! What a treat!

    ReplyDelete